The Afridev reciprocating type hand pump has been specially designed by SKAT -HTN (Swiss Centre for Development Cooperation in Technology and Management) to meet the requirements for Village Level Operation and Maintenance (VL OM) as specified by the UNDP/World Bank. The pump has undergone extensive laboratory and field development tests and is one of only two designs which fulfills all aspects of the UNDP/World Bank specification at depths between 0 and 45m. Particular features are:
· Up to 1300 litres/hour output at pumping lifts up to 45m.
· Heavy duty design suitable for continuous operation over long periods.
· Rugged all galvanized steel construction for corrosion resistance and long life.
· Simple to install, operate and maintain at the village level.
· Designed for ease of maintenance with basic tools and cheap, readily available spare parts.
Water supply from an Afridev pump
Though the Afridev design is widely manufactured throughout the world, quality of the product itself is determined by that of the manufacturing process. The DAYLIFF Afridev is manufactured to exacting standards in a fully equipped ISO 9000:2000 certified factory with cumulative production experience of hundreds of thousands of units. The combination of this highest level of manufacturing quality , a tried and tested design and Davis & Shirtliff ’s service commitment result in a rugged and dependable product ideal for all hand powered groundwater pumping applications.
Please click here to read more about Afridev Handpump,