Dayliff CSW Solar Hot Water systems are specifically designed for large scale hot water supply from a centralized system with particular application for schools and hotels. The system works on the forced circulation principal using a pump to continuously circulate water between the solar collectors, where it is heated, and then returned to the storage tank. Hot water is drawn from the system by a separate pump for distribution to users. The systems have been engineered using a combination of carefully matched imported and locally manufactured components to provide a high specification, high quality product that provides dependable and efficient water heating throughout the year. Successful Installations have been done in Nairobi West Hotel, Gymkhana and Human Needs Project in Kibera (see sample photos below)
Key features include:-
• High efficiency solar collectors sourced from Ezinc, one of the world’s largest manufacturers, which incorporate full area copper absorption plates ultrasonically welded to copper circulation tubes, advanced specification insulation and tempered security glass to provide energy absorption of up to 95%. The collectors are connected in banks to provide the heat input required.
• Long life free standing hot water storage tanks made of heavy duty galvanized steel cylinder internally piped to optimize hot water availability and provided with built in electric boosters.
• Extra-thick magnesium anode-rod protection prevents corrosion
• High performance GrundfosUPS25/60 speed controlled circulator pump
• An advanced programmable differential temperature controller used to manage the operation of forced-circulation solar systems.
The controller incorporates inputs from temperature sensors that monitor the temperature at various points in the system and relays signals to control the circulation pump and thermostats to optimize hot water availability. It also includes a digital display indicator indicating the system layout, hour counter for the circulator pump and system temperatures.
Dayliff Solar Water systems are available in two tank sizes and collector configurations to suit most institutional applications. They are effective and robust products designed to give many years of trouble free operation, the benefits of assured Davis&Shirtliff quality, advanced design and high specification components in an economical and efficient package providing an effective solution for all institutional hot water heating requirements.
Water Quality: Water outside the following limits should be appropriately pre-treated: Clarity: Clear, TDS: <600mg/l, Hardness: 0.8<1.0
Test Pressure: Tank – 5Bar, Collector -14Bar
Max Operating Pressure: 3.5Bar
Max Flow Rate: 2000 lit/hr.
A water meter is a mechanical device fitted on water supply pipe to accurately record how much water you use in your home for billing purposes, similar to your gas and electricity metering (see pic below).They come in different sizes from ½ inch to about 6 inch depending on pipe size and water flow rates. Most water meters are made of Brass, Cast Iron and composite plastic materials
Water Regulatory Services board advised on Jan 3, 2014 news that all water meters must be replaced after 8 years of service…read more on this link http://goo.gl/wX5Ngn . Failure to replace water meters will lead to inaccurate bills due to worn out/old water meter so you end up paying more unnecessarily.
DavisandShirtliff is the leading water meter supplier in East Africa Region with qualified experts in the water industry for over 65 years now. The company supplies world leading #SensusWaterMeters with 150-year history and a world-wide presence especially in USA, Germany, UK and France and now most parts of Africa to offer unmatched choice, technology and quality for all water metering requirements. The company recently introduced DayliffWaterMeters which are robust and economical designs for monitoring residential, commercial and agricultural consumption, they provide high accuracy, reliable and affordable equipment.